Love the rain! <3

>> Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Though my backyard may be a shambles, and people in california don't know how to drive, I still adore the rain. It can bluster and pour as much as it wants. I will sit inside with my hot tea and a window cracked to breathe in that sweet rain air. If the power goes out that's just one more reason to take a step back from the computer, light some candles and catch up on your reading or snuggling.


It makes me miss Portland dearly though. I never did feel quite at home in California and once I lived in portland I knew why, It's too damn hot here. I live for warm snuggly coats, long fluffy scarves and rain boots to keep my feet dry. Sitting in a park on a moist bench after a fresh rain is heaven to me. The Pacific north west gave me a place that feels like home. 

Don't confuse my love of the cold as a desire to live in the freezing cold of montana or, Idaho. On the contrary I despise snow. That's the kind of cold you're never prepared for, and I'm not a fan of any type of weather that can trap you somewhere. The control freak in me just can't handle how helpless snow can make you. 

So give me rain! Lots of it. I'll prepare by buying new galoshes, a cute umbrella and driving more carefully like all us silly californians should do when you start to see drops. 

Mmmmm.. heaven 


NW Park blocks in Portland OR after a refreshing rain.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP